Re: please advice package names for padre plugins

Damyan:

Thanks for working on coordinating these packages, and thanks for
consulting the community about this issue.

I don't see anything wrong really with keeping in the current policy,
and thus naming them libpadre-plugin-foo-perl. Instead of
padre-plugin-<tab><tab> you'd just do libpadre.. etc.

On the other hand, since Padre itself is also released via CPAN and is
not named libpadre-perl, and rather is under padre, then I'd expect
that the plugins be made available under padre-plugin- etc.

I think, in general, judging from apt-cache's output when searching
for 'plugin':

If your package name is X
Then things that enhance your package should be called
X-Y

Where Y is some feature that it adds.

So: padre, should be enhanced by:
padre-plugins-. etc

This is my long-winded rationale, basically agreeing with Dominique on this.

Cheers,

Jonathan