Re: Dual-Build Modules (What to do if both Makefile.PL and Build.PL exist)

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 10:31:54AM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:

> If you do a 'debian/rules clean', it will run Build.PL's cleanup which
> removes Build and all intermediate files, EXCEPT for the Makefile that
> was generated. This means that running 'debuild' again will trigger
> the 'Makefile' to execute, and the Makefile does not run 'perl
> Build.PL' itself. Instead, that initialization is done in Makefile.PL,
> which is no longer executed since Makefile exists.

I created patches and filed bug reports[1][2] for this problem and the
packlist problem. Are there any other problems? If so I will happily
work on them.

1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=527990
2: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=527993

--