Re: Dual-Build Modules (What to do if both Makefile.PL and Build.PL exist)

-=| Ryan Niebur, Thu, May 07, 2009 at 09:59:02PM -0700 |=-
> just a USE_BUILD_PL variable or something would be good enough
> imho. then we can choose. or if debhelper were to check if M:B:C is
> being used, and make a decision from that.

I think such variable will be against debhelper design. I think joeyh
will be against such a variable. I guess he'll suggest using an
override instead.

I remember this Makefile.PL vs. Build.PL to have been brought before
and there was some reason for preferring Makefile.PL that I can't
remember now. Please dig the archives, find that reason and bring it
here to verify it it still holds (with a cherry on top! :))

--
dam