Re: Debian::Package::Make 'v' Module::Build::Debian

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:22:25 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

If you tell us which module you are building it might be easier to
follow along.

> > (3)
> > = Carp is a core module
> > - Log::Dispatch not found in any package
> > Odd - I get this even after running 'sudo cpan Log::Dispatch' and

If you install via cpan the module doesn't become part of a Debian
package :)

> > (5)
> > The causes for this warning are:
> > Licensing information is present, but cannot be parsed

> > Hmmm - Not sure about this. I need to study licence formats, perhaps?
> Yes. Copyright file needs to be edited.

Ack. dh-make-perl's license parsing is very basic, it checks only for some
well-known strings.

> > (6)
> > dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
> > Hmm - should I worry about this?
> err, probably. I'll let others follow this one up.

No, that's harmless.
debhelper recommends to put ${misc:Depends} into the Depends: line in
debian/control because some dh_* tool _might_ use it.

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    Hailing frequencies open, Captain.