Re: the merge of 'perl-modules' to 'perl' is planned

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:39:00 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > > Damyan, could you look into dh-make-perl, please, since you know the
> > > dependency stuff best? (Although I'd like to upload the current
> > > version in svn soon.) -- Or is this already implemented? I just saw
> > > the prune_* functions in lib/Debian/Control/FromCPAN.pm ...
> > Will inspect promptly.
> The stuff in FromCPAN is used only on --refresh. I have the "main"
> thing in DhMakePerl.pm to also use 'perl' for core dependencies.

Ah, ok, thanks.

> (this cries to be rewritten using the Debian::Control stuff that
> --refresh uses. Help is welcome. My train rides are still occupied
> with KGB hacking :) )

And the nice modules from dh-make-perl could also be used in
packagecheck.pl then to clean up the depends_lists. Yet another task
:)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: John Zorn: Abidan (Frisell)