Re: ITA: sqlfairy -- SQL translation utilities

* Ryan Niebur (ryanryan52@gmail.com) wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: normal
>
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 06:58:16PM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> > * Jonathan Yu (jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com) wrote:
> > > Hi Eric:
> > >
> > > There's an outstanding bug for the sqlfairy/libsql-translator-perl
> > > package, which requests an upgrade (it also contains lots of bug
> > > fixes). It's been three weeks since the initial bug report, filed by
> > > one of the upstream maintainers of that package. Ref:
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544904 -- Thankfully,
> > > the upgrade would also close several Debian bugs, too (as mentioned in
> > > the filing BTS#544904)
> > >
> > > I am mostly interested in the upgrade of the package because it also
> > > impacts DBIx::Class (maintained under the Debian Perl Group as
> > > libdbix-class-perl). It brings with it many bug fixes, and some
> > > feature additions which have a ripple effect in DBIx::Class, Catalyst
> > > and other packages that depend on them, like the upcoming MojoMojo
> > > (packaging currently in progress).
> >
> > Sorry for the delay. My day job has been punishing for the last few
> > weeks. I've just uploaded the new version to unstable.
> >
> > > I understand that you are a maintainer of iceweasel (wow! thanks!), so
> > > you've probably got bigger fish to fry. It is in that vein that I
> > > would like to offer the Debian Perl Team's services in maintaining
> > > that package.
> >
> > If you want it, you can have it. I haven't actively used the package
> > in a long time.
> >

> we will take it.

Do you guys want libclass-base-perl and libclass-makemethods-perl as
well? (Dependencies of sqlfairy). There are also git archives
containing the packaging history of all these if that's helpful.

--
Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com