Re: [introduction mail]

On Sep 29, 2009, at 11:14, debian@faxm0dem.org wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to contribute to the pkg-perl group.
Here is my mandatory introduction email.

Welcome!  And now for the mandatory 'useful links' section;

"In case you haven't done so yet please take a look at
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ and the links/documents there,
especially policy.html and subversion.html.

And don't miss our great coordination tool at
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi :)

Feel free to ask any question either on debian-perl@lists.debian.org
or on IRC (#debian-perl @ irc.debian.org = OFTC)."

I copied the above from a previous email sent by gregoa. :-) He usually thinks of good ways to say important things.

I am a sysadmin in a French datacenter.
We have 1000+ computing nodes (non-debian, :/), and a few dozens of
Petabytes disk (mostly X45x0 Solaris/ZFS) and tape (mostly Sun/STK)
storage.

I'd like to contribute to Debian, first by uploading a new perl module which
I use on a daily basis.

It's part of my master plan to upload my own perl into as many distributions
as possible in order to take over the world.

Well, you've come to the right place. :)

Jeremiah