Modules by Matt S. Trout (affects Catalyst, DBIx::Class, and more)

Hi all:

I'm sending this update to the list to keep everyone informed of
what's going on. Recently we were stalled on uploading a new package,
DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn, because it had missing copyright
information. Rather than risk not including someone who should be a
copyright holder, Matt decided to create a new clause as follows:

COPYRIGHT ^

Copyright (c) 2008 - 2009 the DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn "AUTHOR" and
"CONTRIBUTORS" as listed below.

AUTHOR ^

Guillermo Roditi (groditi) <groditi@cpan.org>

Inspired by the original module written by Tom Kirkpatrick (tkp)
<tkp@cpan.org> featuring contributions from Guillermo Roditi (groditi)
<groditi@cpan.org> and Marc Mims <marc@questright.com>

CONTRIBUTORS ^

mst - Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk>

Right now, we're waiting to see if the ftp-masters will accept that as
a copyright statement. If so, we will propagate these changes to the
other modules including Catalyst and DBIx-Class as a whole. It is
important during this time that we don't bug mst more than necessary,
at least until we have proof that ftp-masters has ACCEPTed
DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn.

Also note that the META.yml's statement is somewhat broken right now.
This shouldn't be an issue, so please ignore it.

If there is any other concerns regarding copyright, please consider me
the liasion to the Perl community, and contact me directly about it. I
don't want to have issues of accidentally contacting him twice about
the same thing, so improving communication within our group is
essential. So if his name is listed on a package either as author or
the maintainer, please wait on filing that and send me an email or
message on IRC.

Again, we're waiting on something outside of our control, namely, the
ftp-masters. When they make a decision as to whether they will ACCEPT
or REJECT this type of clause, we will proceed from there.

Cheers,

Jonathan