Re: XML::SAX::Machines Vendor Patch

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:00:02AM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:

> So recently the EUMM was switched over to Module::Install, so I
> removed the changes you made in vendorlibs.patch. However, gregoa
> believes that those changes are probably useful to have and I don't
> know what the intent of it was or how I would patch Module::Install.

I must admit I have little recollection of this, so I'm mostly guessing
here.

> Would you mind taking a look at it and maybe writing a patch for the
> new Module::Install mechanism?

The old version only created a template XML::SAX::Machines::SiteConfig
module at build time if one was not already present on the system. This
didn't suit the Debian package because it would break the build on a
system where the package was already installed.

So it looks like I patched a quick fix into Makefile.PL so it skipped
checking the system directories when looking for an existing installation.
(I think the check would always fail in that case, so the solution wasn't
 very elegant.)

Apparently upstream has now dropped the template ::SiteConfig module
altogether, and lib/XML/SAX/Machines/ConfigHelper.pm seems to be dead
weight. I don't think any form of the patch is needed anymore.

Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org