Re: Article in The Perl Review

-=| Nicolas Mendoza, Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 05:18:48PM +0100 |=-
> Also, about patching dh-make-perl, has anyone added support for
> parsing META.yml and being able to provide --name
> 'libsome-different-name-perl' at the command line? I have added this
> for my own dh-make-perl (well I actually haven't integrated the
> META-yml parsing inside it, just a separate command that outputs
> debian-style names of dependecies)

--name would be bad. There is a reason for naming packages in certain
way. If you don't agree with that, edit changelog and control and
prepare to defend your choice :)

As for META.yml, which version of dh-make-perl you tried last? The
current one uses CPAN methds for finding dependencies and I think this
includes META stuff. "dh-make-perl --cpan Foo-Bar"