Re: Building with local dependencies

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:12:09 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> > I'm doing something similar with a local dir and a pbuilder hook, so
> > the burden is bearable :)
> I'm following the instructions on how to do this from
> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/PbuilderHowto#Building%20With%20Local%20Packages

Hm, that looks even more complicated than the last time I looked.

Here's what I'm doing (not always, sometimes I just install a package
in the chroot and be done):

1) pbuilderrc:

BINDMOUNTS="/home/gregoa/src/cowcache"
HOOKDIR="/var/cache/pbuilder/hooks"

2) /var/cache/pbuilder/hooks/D70build-area

#!/bin/sh

DIR=/home/gregoa/src/cowcache

cd $DIR/
/usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null > $DIR/Packages
/usr/bin/apt-get update

3) in the chroot:
(cowbuilder --login --save-after-login , then /etc/apt/sources.list:)

deb file:/home/gregoa/src/cowcache ./
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

4) copy the needed debs to /home/gregoa/src/cowcache

(I only activate these settings when I actually need them, but it's rather quick)

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    BOFH excuse #333:  A plumber is needed, the network drain is clogged