From: PJF via RT <bug-IPC-System-Simple@rt.cpan.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Subject: [rt.cpan.org #41742] Failing Author Test (t/core)
To: frequency@cpan.org

G'day Frequency,

My apologies for the slow response to this ticket.  Perl 5.10 did indeed
cause problems for IPC::System::Simple, but due to core dump information
not being correctly reported in $? on some platforms, most notably Linux.

A patch has entered bleadperl which will resolve this issue on Perl
5.10.1 (when it is released), and a workaround applied to
IPC::System::Simple so that it correctly reports core dumps on 5.10.0,
regardless of platform.  This was released in version 1.17 of
IPC::System::Simple.

Many thanks for the report, and all the very best,

 Paul