Re: (UPDATED) mass bug filing for undefined sn?printf use

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:27:46 -0800, Kees Cook wrote:

> Attached is the updated list, which includes 57 new hits, and adds
> additional lines of affected code to gabedit, blender, desmume, and
> gpe-conf.  I have a dump of the diff between the logs here[1].  The old
> logs have been moved to the "2008-12" subdirectory[2].

For those not following debian-devel closely:
The thread about the usage of sprintf starts at
and continues in January at

We have one package in the list: libpar-packer-perl. The log is at
http://people.ubuntu.com/~kees/sprintf-glibc/2008-12/logs/libpar-packer-perl

I'd appreciate if someone with more C knowledge than me could take a
look and if possible prepare a patch.

Thanks,
 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Various Artists: Manuel Ponce Sonatina Meridional Campo Allegretto