Re: libsane-perl

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:08:53 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> Thanks for checking libsane-perl. I've also released a new version upstream.

You're welcome.
I can only check your newer version in the evening, some short
comments now.

> > Can't locate ExtUtils/Depends.pm in @INC ...
> grrr. Thanks for pointing that out. Added libextutils-depends-perl dependency.

Ok

> > - debian/copyright: pointer to GPL missing
> Except that it isn't GPL but Artistic, and the pointer was there.

IIRF it said "same as Perl", and Perl is licensed under "Artistic or
GPL"

> > - recommended switch to debhelper 7 (d/rules, d/compat, d/control) [+]
> I bumped d/compat, and d/control. d/rules was anyway in line with
> rules.MakeMaker.xs. I briefly tried out rules.dh7.xs, but abandoned it
> due to FTBFS.

Interesting, I will take a look.
If you don't use the dh7 features in d/rules then bumping the version
d/compat and d/control is not that useful :)
But we'll find out what's going on ...

> > - suggested: s/This module/The Sane module/ in d/control
> Done.

Cool.

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    BOFH excuse #161:  monitor VLF leakage