Re: libcrypt-generatepassword-perl

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:05:42 +0400, Alexander GQ Gerasiov wrote:

> >     - as this is a new package debian/changelog should only contain a
> > 0.03-1 entry, usually only with the single line "Initial release
> >       (closes: #496938)."
> This packages is not really new.

Ok, that changes the situation :)

> It just wasn't uploaded to official
> debian archive. In such case a good practice would be to add "Uploaded
> to Debian (Closes: ITP), but left changelog and version. Becase version
> 0.03-1 _was_ already uploaded to public repository. And it's differ
> from one, that will be uploaded to Debian.
> Am I wrong?

No, if there was a binary package publically available, I agree that
keeping the old changelog, increasing the Debian revision and adding
the new changelog entry with the ITP bug number is the appropriate
solution.
(And reminding potential uploaders to build with "-sa" :))

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.