Re: package name clash for Text::CSV_XS and Text::CSV

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2008 23:10:40 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
>> Perhaps a rename is in order, even if the only visible gain is package
>> namespace sanity?
>> What do others think? Keep in mind I can't lead such a transition
>> myself :)
>
> Just a short comment without having looked at the upstream modules or
> having thought about a transition strategy:
>
> Getting rid of the patched libtext-csv-perl would be a gain,
> maintaining the ugly patchset is a pain.

I can prepare and upload a new libtext-csv-perl (from CPAN upstream)
that recommends libtext-csv-xs-perl (our old libtext-csv-perl without
the patch)
Transition should be ok (as our old libtext-csv-perl and the new
new provide the same interface)
I would add a NEWS.Debian explaining that it is better to also
install libtext-csv-xs-perl (to not loss performances)

Or, for lenny, we can make libtext-csv-perl depends on libtext-csv-xs-perl

What do you think ?

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87