Re: libdata-stag-perl ready for upload, asking for a green light.

On Fri, 09 May 2008 00:07:27 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Good evening, Perl team,

Good afternoon :)

> I have finished the packaging of Data::Stag, started by David Paleino in
> your SVN repository (many thanks for having it open to other DDs by
> default).

I've just committed to small fixes (indentation in debian/control,
inter-target dependencies in debian/rules); I haven't looked at each
and every line of the packaging but I haven't found anything else
during a quick glance.

The only thing that gives me a grief is that lintian bails out with

  Can't use string ("2") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/lintian/checks/menus line 418, <IN> line 5.
  internal error: cannot run menus check on package libdata-stag-perl
  N: Skipping check of binary package libdata-stag-perl

but I guess that's more related to lintian/my machine than the
package.

> Due to the Perl transition, I do not know if an upload is welcome (even
> if it would be to NEW). Therefore, I will wait for somebody on this list
> to give me a green light before doing so.

The package is architecture all, so there should be no problems
anyway (and I'm not aware of a upload stop in general).

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Pink Floyd: The tide is turning