Re: RFS: Perl packages update.

Martín Ferrari dijo [Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:55:09PM -0200]:
> Gunnar, there has been also recommendations to not use it, both inside
> and outside pkg-perl. In fact, I'm upgrading 4 to 5 lately, mostly to
> follow the idea that dh6 doesn't give us any benefit and makes like
> harder for backporters. I think Ganneff wrote something about it
> somewhere.
>
> I guess we should discuss this and settle on something (and maybe put
> it in policy?)... Yes, I'm a consistency freak :)

Oh... Well, I have not really seen the arguments, but they may
exist. Regarding the backporting issue, I'm tempted to ignore it, even
if being a heavy internal-use backporter myself - After all, if there
is a behaviour change (I havent dug into debhelper's changes), we
_want_ to build packages with the newest upstream-recommended version
- which is currently 6.

...Else, we might also keep using standards-version 3.6.1 to keep
Sarge backporters happy :-)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23