Re: Possible MBF: perl 5.10 and the "remove empty /usr/lib/perl5 dir" bug

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Niko Tyni wrote:
> I propose a mass bug filing at severity:important and an appropriate
> usertag (user:debian-perl@lists.debian.org) when the bugs have been
> verified with a real rebuild. Depending on the outcome of #465783,
> these may become 'serious' when Perl 5.10 enters unstable, but it's
> possible that there will be an NMU campaign even before that.

Yeah, these bugs should be filed as soon as possible, ideally after
verifying that a build with perl 5.10 fails. I personally don't see
any reason to revert the ExtUtils::MakeMaker change, as any packages
which are unable to fix such a simple bug in a reasonable timeframe
shouldn't be released with lenny anyway.

Don Armstrong

--
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society.