Re: DM vs. pkg-perl, take two

On Jan 28, 2008 6:10 PM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> So, how about reverting our policy wrt Uploaders vs. DM?
>
> As far I see it, for the time the change was in effect
>
> * "XS-DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" was added to one package, no uploads by
>   Tincho yet :)

Being the only one that could so far benefit from DM, I have to say
that I agree with the opinion that DM doesn't seem to fit in our
workflow. Maybe in other groups where there aren't responsive DDs, or
people have pet packages it could be more useful, but here it seemed
to cause more harm than good (none so far).

About the question that djpig raises, when would you draw the line? It
is difficult with our workflow, because we usually do many incremental
changes. And for that the changelogs with named subentries are a good
way (IMHO) of giving proper credit.

At this point, I really don't care anymore for uploaders inclusion,
but I understand that for people starting NM or DM is much more
important. In fact, we should put the blame on the broken semantics of
"uploaders". A XS-Co-Maintainer header could solve this problem.
--
Martín Ferrari