Re: Building a clean debian perl package

-=| Bob Wilkinson, Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:50:41PM +0000 |=-
> > BTW, the easiest way to start a perl module's Debian packaging is to use
> > dh-make-perl[1]
> >
> >     [1] http://packages.debian.org/dh-make-perl
>
> Just downloaded this and tried... After warnings about missing copyright, I thought
> I may as well try to build, and saw.
>
> bob@italy:~/src/gramofile/Audio/Gramofile$ fakeroot !!
> fakeroot debian/rules binary
> dh_testdir
> dh_testroot
> dh_installexamples
> dh_installdocs README debian.old/libaudio-gramofile-perl/usr/share/doc/libaudio-gramofile-perl/README
> dh_installchangelogs Changes
> dh_shlibdeps
> dh_strip
> dh_perl
> dh_compress
> dh_fixperms
> dh_installdeb
> dh_gencontrol
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${perl:Depends}
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}

I wanted to try this myself, bug the version from CPAN (0.05) seems to
use rather non-standard layout and dh-make-perl can't handle it:

$ tar tzf Audio-Gramofile-0.05.tar.gz
Audio/
Audio/Gramofile/
Audio/Gramofile/Gramofile.pm
Audio/Gramofile/Changes
Audio/Gramofile/examples/
Audio/Gramofile/examples/process_wav.pl
Audio/Gramofile/Gramofile.xs
Audio/Gramofile/MANIFEST
Audio/Gramofile/Makefile.PL
Audio/Gramofile/README
Audio/Gramofile/ppport.h
Audio/Gramofile/typemap
Audio/Gramofile/t/
Audio/Gramofile/t/1.t
Audio/Gramofile/gramofile.h

Can you send me the one you're trying to make .deb from? Or make it
available somewhere on the web?