Re: watch files

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:55:33 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:

> What I've done (with the help of dam, Tincho and SquOnk on irc) is to
> extend the packagecheck script (in svn under /scripts/qa); the new
> test kicks in if the URL in debian/watch doesn't match
> search.cpan.org/dist and then changes any cpan-related URL to the
> above mentioned scheme. This affects /by-module/ URLs as well. [0]

The discussion on this topic ended on 2007-12-23. As mentioned in my
other mails I've implemented the changes to the regexp in the
meantime.

> Some questions before I actually run the script:
> * Are there any general objections against using the newer scheme for
>   the URLs or changing many watch files?
> * Is the current approach to create the version regex sane?
> * What shall we do about the "trailing part" ('debian uupdate' or
>   similar)? It's hardly used, and I'd personally prefer to remove it
>   to get more consistency but there might be others who actually
>   like/use it.
> * Any other comments?

At least questions 1, 3 (, and 4 :)) still stand.
Let's put it the other way: Are there any strong objections to
switching to these scheme? If not I will do the mass-change in a few
days.

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Rolling Stones: Stuck