Re: RFA: clive -- Video extraction utility for some video sites

-=| Damyan Ivanov, Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 08:13:15AM +0200 |=-
-=| Marco Rodrigues, Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 02:46:56PM +0000 |=-

> I like to know if someone would like to adopt clive, because it changed from > Python to Perl, so Python Application Packaging Team won't maintain it anymore.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clive.html
>
> Homepage: http://clive.sourceforge.net/clive2.shtml
> Popcon stats: http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=clive

I am willing to take over for the Debian Perl Group.

debian-perl, do you mind if I use a Git repository under
git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/apps for it?

The package is more-or-less ready. It needed libio-pager-perl (now in
NEW).

I think the README.source isn't needed, because isn't don't have any patch system.

Browse[1] where I got, or see[2] the log of what I did.

    [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/clive.git;a=tree
    [2] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/clive.git;a=shortlog;h=HEAD

Comments welcome.

Nice work.

Comparing with clive 1.0, it seems the package was split upstream to
clive and clive-utils. I guess I should also package clive-utils and
make clive depend on it, right?

Yes.. it's splited in two packages now, you should package clive-utils.

Also, if some of clive users want to give feedback on the new version,
please do. Unofficial package can be found at
ftp://modsoftsys.net/public/pool/c/clive/

I'll test it later...

Thank you

--
Marco Rodrigues