Re: Adding Padre to Debian

-=| Gabor Szabo, Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:56:48PM +0200 |=-
> Let me nag you ppl again with my request.

Thanks, It works :)

> version 0.14 of Padre has been released to CPAN.
>
> I'd appreciate if you could add it to Debian.

Still a lot to go as File::ShareDir 1.00 is not yet available
(htp://bugs.debian.org/496478).

I have a couple of other comments:

* most important: copyrights
  Most of the modules lack any author/copyright/license information in
  them.
  I *assume* they are all © 2008 Gabor Szabo and can be dstributed
  under the same terms as Perl. I can't upload it with such
  assumptions, though.
  Would you consider adding the same (or similar) boilerplate as found
  in lib/Padre/PluginBuilder.pm to all files?

* dependencies
  META.yml states a dependency on Wx::Perl::Dialog. However, I failed
  to find any reference to that module in the padre distribution.
  File/Open and Edit/Find dialogs appear ok (i.e. no crash). Perhaps
  the dependency can be removed?

  App::Ack 1.86 is stated as required. Is there a reason 1.80 (latest
  available in Debian, http://bugs.debian.org/504071) won't do?

I must say that I am very pleased with the progress Padre is doing.
Having a Perl-powered editor sounds yummy!