Re: svn-buildpackage errors

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:52:59 -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:

> After a long hiatus, I have started using the Perl Group SVN repository
> again.

Hi Carlo, good to see you back again!

> When I do a commit, I am getting a long delay and then a bunch of
> errors.  Is this simply a problem with my configuration or is there a
> problem in the svn server?

Neither - nor :)

>  The repository seems to be updated at least.

Yup, the error is in the post-commit hook ...

> Warning: 'post-commit' hook failed with error output:

... and the hook prints out the problem in case there is any.

In your case it's the well known problem with CIA which is contacted
from svn-mailer:

> + /usr/bin/svn-mailer --commit --config
> /svn/pkg-perl/hooks/svnmailer.conf --repository /svn/pkg-perl --revision
> 23547
> One or more notifiers crashed. You may want to send the following
> traceback(s) to the author:

> Notifier: svnmailer.notifier.cia_xmlrpc.CIAXMLRPCNotifier
> Revision: 23547
> Groups: [u'bysource']
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/svnmailer/main.py", line 101,
> in run
>     notifier.run()
>   File
> "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/svnmailer/notifier/cia_xmlrpc.py",
> line 114, in run
>     self.deliverRPCMessage(group.cia_rpc_server, doc)
>   File
> "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/svnmailer/notifier/cia_xmlrpc.py",
> line 129, in deliverRPCMessage
>     server.hub.deliver(doc.toxml(encoding = 'utf-8'))
>   File "xmlrpclib.py", line 1096, in __call__
>     return self.__send(self.__name, args)
>   File "xmlrpclib.py", line 1383, in __request
>     verbose=self.__verbose
>   File "xmlrpclib.py", line 1137, in request
>     headers
> ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for cia.vc/RPC2: 500 Internal Server Error>

It happens every now and then that the cia.vc server is overloaded or
down or whatever, and then the last "activity" of the post-commit
hook fails after a long timeout.

There's nothing wrong on your machine or in the repo, the commits
work, all other actions in the hook work too.

If it's annoying you can just comment out the relevant line in
/svn/pkg-perl/hooks/post-commit on alioth temporarily.

PS: There are already plans for replacing CIA with something
"home-grown" as these timeouts are really annoying.

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Dave Brubeck: Blue Rondo A La Turk