Re: debconf russian man page

pkg-perl: This concerns broken encoding in debconf's Russian man pages,
which are generated from pod.

Yuri Kozlov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In the new version of podlators  2.1.1          2008-07-04
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/
>
> pod2man intoduce a new option -- -u (bypass utf8,koi8-r to the roff)
> Its worked, the russian man-pages back again.
> pod2man -u -c Debconf -r '' --section=1 debconf.ru.1.pod
>
> The little problem: how to update a 'perl-modules' package with new podlators?
>
> I.e. the 'perl' package, of course.

The debian perl packaging allows modules included in perl itself to be
overridden with newer versions packaged separately. So we just need to
get a package of the updated versions of Pod::Man and Pod::Text, which
debconf can then (temporarily) build-depend on. Hmm, looks like an
updated pod2man would also need to be included, perhaps under a different
name than the regular one?

Perhaps the pkg-perl team can help put such a package together?

--
see shy jo