Re: libcgi-perl IPT-ed

-=| Dominique Dumont, Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:04:19AM +0200 |=-
> Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi, I just replied to that ITP. As the CGI module is supposedly widely
> > used, if you have something to add, please do :)
> >
> > http://bugs.deiban.org/486943
>
> Err, CGI.pm is provided by perl-modules...
>
> $ dlocate CGI.pm
> perl-modules: /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/CGI.pm
>
> For quite some time:
> $ corelist CGI
>
> CGI was first released with perl 5.004

Yes, but the proposed package is newer that the one in core (3.29).

Changes:
  Version 3.37
  1. Fix pragmas so that they persist over modperl invocations (e.g.
     RT 34761)
  2. Fixed handling of chunked multipart uploads; thanks to Michael
     Bernhardt
     who reported and fixed the problem.

  Version 3.36
  1. Fix CGI::Cookie to support cookies that are separated by ","
     instead of ";".

  Version 3.35
  1. Resync with bleadperl, primarily fixing a bug in parsing
     semicolons in uploaded filenames.

  Version 3.34
  1. Handle Unicode %uXXXX  escapes properly -- patch from
     DANKOGAI@cpan.org
  2. Fix url() method to not choke on path names that contain regex
     characters.

  Version 3.33
  1. Remove uninit variable warning when calling url(-relative=>1)
  2. Fix uninit variable warnings for two lc calls
  3. Fixed failure of tempfile upload due to sprintf() taint failure
     in perl 5.10

  Version 3.32
  1. Patch from Miguel Santinho to prevent sending premature headers
     under mod_perl 2.0

  Version 3.31
  1. Patch from Xavier Robin so that CGI::Carp issues a 500 Status
     code rather than a 200 status code.
  2. Patch from Alexander Klink to select correct temporary directory
     in OSX Leopard so that upload works.
  3. Possibly fixed "wrapped pack" error on 5.10 and higher.

  Version 3.30
  1. Patch from Mike Barry to handle POSTDATA in the same way as PUT.
  2. Patch from Rafael Garcia-Suarez to correctly reencode unicode
     values as byte values.