Re: libiptables-parse-perl : initial upload

On Sat, 31 May 2008 21:37:29 +0200, Franck Joncourt wrote:

Thanks for all your changes, the package looks really good now.

> > * debian/copyright:
> >   - Please provide a more specific download URL, I guess
> >     http://www.cipherdyne.com/modules/ would be appropriate.
> As the Homepage field can be found in debian/control, could I remove the
>  url from the debian/copyright file ?

No, the ftp-masters insist on having the upstream source location in
debian/copyright (and the Homepage field in debian/control is mere
informational and could be different from the download location,
too).

> > * debian/rules:
> Should I remove the template comment and the others comments ?
> (I have seen on debian.mentors "remove sample description from
> debian/rules" many times)

That's a matter of taste.
I usually leave the stuff at the top but remove the "Add commands to
..." comments (because the commands are already there :)).

> > * debian/changelog:
> >   If the package has never been released anywhere there's no need for
> >   two entries; you can just collapse them to one (0.6-1, with the
> >   single line "* Initial release (Closes: #481973)"
> As a matter of fact, I did so since it was the easiest way to handle
> this package with my own repository. But anyway, done.

I see; that's why I said "never been released anywhere" :)
If you have binary packages in your repo than keeping the changelog
(and warning potentail uploaders that they have to build with
-v$first_version) is of course ok.

> > * debian/control:
> >   - s/HomePage/Homepage (BTW: creating a package with 'dh-make-perl --pkg-perl'
> >     should get these fields right)
> I started with dh-make first :p!

:)

> I have added ${misc:Depends} in the Depends field.

Good idea!

> I can update libiptables-chainmgr-perl the same way before uploading it
> to svn.debian.org.

Sounds like a good plan.

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Penelope Swales: Back to me