Re: RFH: cvsweb - test -x fails with Perl 5.10

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:31:11PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> A user reported an issue with cvsweb in http://bugs.debian.org/483442. I
> was able to track it down to be in search_path(). This function takes a
> command as argument and tries with a list of paths, if $path/$command is
> executable (-x) and not a directory (!-d).
>
> Now this test fails with Perl 5.10, although cvsweb has all-executable
> permissions. Anybody an idea, why this fails? Using -X instead of -x
> seems to work for the moment. But testing on the effective uid/gid IMHO
> is the correct choice here.

This is <http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=49003>,
fixed upstream after 5.10.0. It only happens with 'use filetest
qw(access)'. Looks like we'll have to backport the fix, I'll clone
the bug to track that.

As a side note, the stat result cache "_" and 'use filetest qw(access)'
don't mix well together. See 'perldoc filetest'.
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org