Re: RFS: libnet-nis-perl

-=| Hendrik Frenzel, Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 06:48:53PM +0100 |=-
> Dear mentors,

There's no much point in seeking sponsors in debian-mentors, when the
package has Debian Perl Group as Maintainer, I think :)

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libnet-nis-perl".

... and svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/trunk/libnet-nis-perl :)

I've taken a look and here are some notes:

* debian/copyright

 + there is dh-make-perl boilerplate about copyright info being
   automatically extracted. remove it.
 + author and licensing information are intermixed
   separate AUTHORS, COPYRIGHT and LICENSE sections ease the reading
 + once license is "same as Perl", then there is
    it under the terms of either:

     a) the GNU General Public License as published by.......
   the later are Perl licensing terms, yes, but it would be better to
   say "Perl is licensed under the following terms" somewhere.

* debian/rules
  + dh_installexamples is unused
  + install is missing in .PHONY

* debhelper
  + consider if DH compat level 6 could be used

* debian/control
  + Dm-Upload-Allowed: yes
    I personally have no observation of your work so I can't upload this
    with DM-U-A:yes
    I also believe that you don't actually need that flag, as uploads
    are rather quick within the group. The "Ready for upload" queue at
    http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi is usualy
    flushed daily.

Thank you for your work so far.