A wishlist for CPAN

Hello!

What if we could have a "wishlist" that we could present to CPAN module
authors? What would that contain? What would make life easier for those
who package CPAN modules for debian?

I can think of some things, like "sane versioning" that gregor mentioned,
this would clearly help in crafting an effective watch file. Are there other
things we would like to see?

If you can help me create a list I can use that to present at the Perl QA
workshop in Oslo and perhaps we can implement some of them, or get them
at least to be considered by upstream.

Best regards,

     Jeremiah