Re: Policy/Uploaders/DM

-=| gregor herrmann, Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:33:21PM +0100 |=-
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:45:03 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
> > > Which reminds me that we still haven't finished the revert of the
> > > relating changes to policy.pod and subversion.pod (where DM was
> > > introduced and Uploaders redefined).
> > > Without having looked into it I guess a bit more than a simple revert
> > > of the commits might be helpful; any takers?
> > Please go ahead and
>
> Why did I expect that reply? :)

Yeah, sorry for not taking more acive role in this. I really should, as
I was the one pus hing for the changes (that we're reverting now) in the
first place :/

> I've now prepared (and committed as policy.draft) a draft that
> removes the DM parts (except for a short note), changes the meaning
> of Uploaders back (with a slight twist to "significant
> modifications") and keeps the rest of the improvements.
>
> Find below the diff between policy.pod and policy.draft.

Thanks for preparing this.
I agree with your changes, with one question:

> +The Debian project has adopted the Debian Maintainers (DM) concept (cf.
> +L<http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003>) in Summer 2007. The pkg-perl group
> +doesn't see this approach fit for its workflow and is not actively using
> +it.

How strong is that meant? DM (the concept) forbidden, discouraged, is
decided on a case-by-case basis (how?)?