Re: Building a clean debian perl package

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:28:15AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:
> > On 11275 March 1977, Bob Wilkinson wrote:
>
> >>      I am trying to build a new debian package of my CPAN module. I
> >>      get errors when building and it it not linda-clean.
>
> > Stop using linda, its deprecated. :)
>
> Although in this particuilar case it found something that lintian didn't,
> which we should fix.  :)

Hi Russ

       Since I discovered this I will volunteer to look at this
       issue - unless someone beats me to it.

       I guess that it would have been more polite of me to have
       introduced myself to the group before posting a question
       but... better late than never.

       I have been using Perl almost daily for the last 14 years and
       have been using Debian for more than 10.  I know C too. I
       felt that I should contribute something. I joined the group
       but have been lurking for a while. I will look at the issue
       with lintian in a few days (once I feel completely well) and
       report back to the group.

> Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Bob