Re: The difficulty or ease of packaging Perl/Python/Ruby/PHP applications

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> And no, I have not seen a credible attempt to package either a Rails or
> a mod_perl-based application for Debian - The job usually requires heavy
> tweaking on conffiles, which is usually left to the users.

Have you ever looked at request-tracker (e.g. request-tracker3.6)?

Yes, there are a few things you need to do by hand after installation, but
it's pretty light, and most are about setting up the SQL database and
customizing the defaults.  Dependencies are all stated correctly (and
there are quite a few).