Re: watch files

-=| gregor herrmann, Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 07:47:54PM +0100 |=-
> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:24:28 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
> > > + version=3
> > > + http://search.cpan.org/dist/Foo-Bar/ .*/Foo-Bar-v?(\d[\d_.]+)\.(?:tar(?:\.gz|\.bz2)?|tgz|zip)
> > >
> > > Comments welcome!
> >
> > No objections.
>
> 1) Thanks!
> 2) I'm a bit confused because on the one hand you don't object to
>    this recommended pattern, and on the other hand I think I saw some
>    commit messages today where you removed the underline from the
>    allowed characters.
>
> I guess we have to decide if we want the developer version or not :)

I decided against this in some particuar case. As the developer version
that existed at the time was not worth the attention. So I concluded
that developer versions are directed to testers etc, not to a stable
Debian release.

Whether this applies to all developer releases on CPAN is something I am
not sure so I see accepting underscore in the version in the general
case as a way to accumulate more data points so we can have a decision
based on more information.