Re: DebCamp work for pkg-perl?

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 23:27:15 -0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:

[Disclaimer: I haven't decided yet if I will be at DebCamp/DebConf --
but I'm of course tempted to go :)]

> > I was wondering if there's any goals-work-anything that the debian perl
> > group is preparing for debcamp. I'm available if there's anyone that
> > want to works on anything (scripts, getting packages done, arranging
> > missing dependencies, testing, etc).
> While I'll be probably be very busy organising stuff, I'd like to join
> any pkg-perl related activities..

Me too. I've also started to think about this idea before.

> I don't think that things regarding
> packaging would be very interesting to do in debcamp,

Depends. If we fot example want to change to build system of all
packages (yes, I'm referring to some initial ideas floating around on
IRC :)) or we simply want to get our packages in shape for the lenny
release this is quite some work (and prior discussion) that might be
done easier together in MDQ. (I hope we get the transition to perl
5.10 done before ...)

> but we surely
> could talk/work about QA, policy, etc.

Ack.

> Also, gregor suggested a talk about our work, and the QA scripts we
> have,

Actually it was Damyan who suggested that you give a talk about
DebianQA :)

> and I'd really be interested in contributing to, or even
> presenting that talk. Hey, after all, we maintain 1/30 of the archive!

Right, could be interesting for other teams. And we could learn from
others, too ...

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Frank Zappa: CHUCHA