Re: ITP: libgtk2-ex-printdialog-perl - a pure-perl alternative to the Gnome2::Print libraries

-=| Jeffrey Ratcliffe, Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 09:58:20PM +0100 |=-
> On 20/11/2007, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> > OK. Now the next logical step would be for you to svn-inject[0] the
> > package(s) you prepared into the group's Subversion repository.  Then,
>
> Done.

OK, here's my review. Don't worry of its length, I just tried to make it
as complete as I can. Some of the notes are a matter of personal
preference. Don't worry if you don't share that. Note that I am
extremely picky and that my opinion is not "the law" :)

And finally, if you need some help or clarifications, don't hesitate to
ask here or in the friendly IRC channel.

* You want to close the ITP bug in the changelog.

* You want to use debhelper compat level 5

* Perhaps you can use author-independent URLs in debian/watch and
  debian/copyright like http://search.cpan.org/dist/Gtk2-Ex-PrintDialog/
  See for example libjavascript-perl. Also, I'd escape the dots in
  ".tar.gz"

* debian/copyright
  + the years of copyright look strange to me. README says 2003,
    PrintDialog.pm says 2005. d/copyright says 2004-2005. If different
    files use different years of copyright, you should list these
    details in debian/copyright.
  + The upstream URL could be the author-independent one from
    debian/watch
  + It would be nice if you add copyright and licensing information for
    the packaging. See dh-make-perl templates.

* debian/rules -- you really need to use some recent dh-make-perl
  template for this :)
  + patch target is unused. Also please, please give quilt a try :)
    There is a short guide[1] in group's pages.
  + OPTIMIZE="..." setting is useless
  + Please move the test suite from install-stamp target to build-stamp
  + Please clean stamp files before invoking distclean
  + Please remove unused dh_* calls
  + README seems useless

  [1] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/quilt.html

* debian/control:
  + debhelper build-dependency should be bumped
  + dpatch is not needed
  + the package fails to build in pbuilder chroot, which means there are
    missing build-time dependencies.
  + Binary package dependency field should use ${perl:Depends} instead
    of hard-coding the perl dependency