Re: New QA scripts

-=| Martín Ferrari, Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 09:17:24AM -0300 |=-
> Hi there,
>
> After four days or so of hacking (I need sleep! :) I'm proud to
> announce a new version of our version-checking script.

Hurray! Thank you Tincho. Your work is much appreciated.

> This time the difference is that is has been almost written from
> scract, modularised, configurable, and much more easily extended.
> Also, one of my main goals was to make it generic enough to share it
> with all the other packaging groups in Debian: so far I tested it
> successfully with the repositories from the kde, games and java teams.

Wonderful!

> This time, the data gathering is completely separated from the
> reporting, the former is almost complete (it still lacks support for
> the /dist pseudo directories in CPAN),

I just added that.

> but the latter needs a lot of
> work. I have just wrote a simple reporting tool that shows a text-only
> version of the versions.html page. If somebody wants to write the html
> frontend I'd be very pleased :)

Should HTML output be implemented with an additional option to qareport
or should one create separate htmlreport? I am also thinking about
several HTML outputs - one like what we have now - big list of packages,
and one where packages are grouped by "verdict" (these needs upload,
these needs upgrade, these need some other work, these have unfixed
bugs, etc).

> Speaking of which, I had the idea to make that page dynamic (the
> reporting takes  1/4 second on alioth ATM) and add support for
> commentaries, which would be very helpful.

How do the scripts handle concurrency?
sqlite anyone? :)