Re: I'm new to Debian

Il giorno Mon, 1 Oct 2007 22:29:51 +0100
"Sarah Connor" <sarah.connor.uk@googlemail.com> ha scritto:

> I'm new to contributing to Debian, and given that I work with Perl on a
> regular basis I'm hoping to contribute in perl-related ways at least
> initially.

Hi Sarah,
welcome into DPG (I didn't welcome you before, sorry :( )

> Having looked over the bugs assigned to the Debian Perl group[0] the only
> one that looked easily solvable and fixable to me right now was #442764,
> which already has a patch present.  (However I've not tested the patch and
> couldn't NMU right now without a sponsor ..)

If you look better, me and gregor already worked on that bug, and it's
fixed-upstream. We're waiting for upstream to release the new version ;)

> So I'm a little stalled.  I'd like to contribute to the perl packages in the
> project, but without being able to upload I'm a little lost.

Only Debian Developers can upload. In our team, we have Damyan Ivanov
<dmn@debian.org>. You can find him on irc at #debian-perl @ irc.oftc.net with
nickname "dam" :)

You can look at http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp for RFP bugs. (Request For Package)

> One final question - If I do find a perl package which could be usefully
> uploaded would I be welcome to ask for membershop/uploaders here?  Or should
> I stick to the traditional debian-mentors route?

You shouldn't, the team is here for this reason :)

> Sarah

Kindly,
David

--