Re: Hello all ..

On Sep 30, 2007, at 3:08 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:32:50 +0100, Sarah Connor wrote:

I'm a newcomer to the list, and just deciding whether I'm capable of giving
something back to the Debian community which has offered me so much.

Hi and welcome!

Ditto!

I'm a 23 year old Debian user based in Edinburgh. I've been using Debian as my operating system of choice since approximately 2003. I'm comfortable with creating and making packages as I do so for work. (We're a perl shop
in Edinburgh, Scotland.)

"Packaging" and "perl" are keywords that make me reply :)

Heh - that is what we do around here it seems. :-)

Also, if you have been doing those things I am certain you will find a way to contribute immediately, those are the skills people use around here to keep packages in shape.

I work with Perl professionally, but mostly the Debian
Perl Team seem pretty tight and on top of things...

I think the perl packages are in rather good shape but there's always
some work to do -- fixing bugs, integrating new upstream releases,
creating new packages where RFPs (requests for packaging) have been
filed. And the number of active members is lower than the number of
"official" members, so we can always need further helping hands; and
working in a team is fun :)

I have to say this is a great group of people I have met through this list. Very knowledgeable and helpful. There is always something you can do to help out, there is lots of "hands on" work and because it is a team there is help when you run into trouble.

It is always great when someone from the debian-women list joins or gets more involved. I want to say that this is a great group of people on the debian-perl list and I think you will really do a lot, learn a lot, and as gregor says, you'll have fun doing it.

Welcome!

	Jeremiah