Re: Source package naming for Perl modules

On 11154 March 1977, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Note that the source package name is, for users, *completly*
unimportant. About 99.99999999999999999% of them will never ever see
it. For your Mail::SPF one - from looking at its cpan site the Mail::SPF
part really looks like it should be in a libmail-spf-perl package, as
that would be the first thing *I* as a user would look for. (Its
intended to get used by others, right?)
Next question is if spfd/spfquery warrant an own package with an own name or
not (size issues for example). Oh, and Debian already has a spfquery
(and libmail-spf-query-perl) package.

And to the rest - please do not do uploads *just* for renaming the
source package. Do it when you have to upload them anyways, ie. new
version or bugfixes. (You will end up in NEW, and source renames in NEW
just for "looks better/fits my naming scheme" doesnt make me too happy
:) ).

--
bye Joerg
<vorlon> hmm, I should fill in the buildds box for sparc and make it