Re: Source package naming for Perl modules

On Sep 23, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Julian Mehnle wrote:

As you can see from the above, I am against the re-naming and prefer
the scheme we currently have.

So what is going happen to mime-tools, soap-lite, and timedate?

I think you raise an important issue; shouldn't the naming of a package accurately reflect the contents? Your point that the above packages supply something _other_ than a binary and therefor should reflect that fact is important - especially since debian wants to provide a consistent interface for users.

What about dropping just the lib prefix? So we would get mime-tools- perl and not libmime-tools-perl.

Any
objections to renaming them to fit the scheme we currently have?

I have no objections at all to renaming them.

	Jeremiah