Homepage in DPG packages [was: RFS: libxml-xpathengine-perl]

-=| gregor herrmann, 13.09.2007 23:42 |=-
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:58:38 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
>> Hm. I see you added a Homepage field. I have doubts of how useful this
>> is. For one, it requires that maintainer updates it along each new
>> upstream release. That is doomed to be missed every now and then.
>>
>> What do others think?
>
> You mean the "  Homepage: .*" at the end of libxml-xpathengine-perl's
> debian/control?
> Hm, it includes the version number, and that's why I share your
> doubts about keeping it up to date ...
>
> In general I like the homepage info but only if it's (relatively)
> static.

I saw something in libbio-asn1-entrezgene-perl from David that looks
exactly like what we need:

  Homepage: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Bio-ASN1-EntrezGene/

This is simply perfect - version neutral, *author*-neutral, can be used
both as a Homepage in d/control and upstream URL in d/copyright. Perhaps
even in d/watch! And, this is what the "permalink" link pints to so it
looks reliable.

I am going to make dh-make-perl use that.