Re: lintian .packlist warning and debian/rules modification

On Sep 9, 2007, at 8:22 PM, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

I then placed the changed code (the line above with my comment) in the
install section of the debian/rules file and the lintian error went
away! I hope this helps some one else.

If you think I was wrong to do it this way please inform me of the
proper way to do it or any changes I should make.

The debhelper tools (dh_install) used to use debian/tmp but now
(depending on DH_COMPAT) use debian/$package.  So this is a small-ish
lintian bug.

Should I file a bug report? (I am happy to if people think it is worth it.) I suppose I can pass along a patch based on what I have done.

Use the correct directory when "find ... -delete"-ing things. Look where
$(MAKE) install installs it. I guess this should be $(TMP)

I have set it to:

        find $(TMP) -type f -name .packlist | xargs -r rm -f

	Jeremiah