Re: ITP: pgplot-perl -- PGPLOT Perl module

Hi:

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

(added debian-perl@lists.debian.org to the Cc:s)

Gürkan Sengün dijo [Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:36:41AM +0200]:
Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : pgplot-perl

Please use libpgplot-perl, following the current policy for Perl
packages.

Consider working this together with the pkg-perl group (then again, we
might have to discuss this in the group - Group, are you interested in
maintaining non-free packages? ;-) )

I have no objection to working on this, being the maintainer of pgplot5. The problem is that there is a bug filed against pgplot5 because it doesn't properly support libpgplot-perl (pgplot-perl or formerly pgperl) [0]. I have not had any time to figure this out for the past 8 months unfortunately. Part of the problem is that pgplot5 has a very complex build system and I inherited it from an MIA maintainer (silly me...).

Carlo

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre@iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre    segre@debian.org