Re: joining pkg-perl?

On 5/13/07, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Gábor,

It would be really useful if you could provide a similar page,
restricted to those packages that the Debian Perl Group maintains. You
can get a list using this command (I think):

grep-available -F Maintainer 'Perl Group' -s Package -n

I need a way to get this information regardless of where my script
runs so I need to be able to fetch this off some database or web site.
I'll see.

> So I am planning to submit several packages for inclusion.
> First I'll pick a perl-only module with no dependencies to make it simple
> but I hope I can get more difficult things as well.
>
> Specifically I am looking at modules in the CGI::Application::*,
> Log::Dispatch::*,  Test::* name spaces.

As you can see, CPAN has over 12000 package. Please use common sense in
what modules should be included in Debian. Some criteria _I_ would use
is:
    Is it required by some program in Debian.
 or Is it something people will most likely need for everyday hacks
and Is it maintained actively

I hope to put together some guidelines (in addition to the guidelines
of each distro) on what to include.

Gabor

--
Gabor Szabo