Re: Pending uploads

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:25:24 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> > libapache-session-perl
> > libarchive-tar-perl
> > libclass-mop-perl
> > libclass-prototyped-perl
> > libdata-dump-streamer-perl
> Okay, these are done.

Thanks!

> It also implies that we should remove non-DDs from the Uploaders field,
> but I'm not sure how to easily do that, since not all DDs use debian.org
> addresses.  I bailed on doing that for the time being.

Right, that's a complication during this step ...

> In the hope that it will save someone time, here's how I process uploads.
> If people think this would be appropriate, I'm happy to add it to policy
> or subversion or a new document,

That remindes me that Damyan was thinking (on IRC) about writing down
something like "Dam's Best Packaging Practice" (title by me).

IMO it's always worthwhile to have tutorials like that available.
My proposal (to both of you) would be to not put it into policy but
to create a new document ("tutorials", "best practices", "small
howtos", ...)

> if someone could give me pointers on how
> to make that show up properly on the web site.

That's simple:
* check out website/ from svn
* create a new .pod file there, svn add
* optionally tweak website/.htaccess (to add a description shown in
  the directory listing)
* svn commit
* a post-commit hook in our svn repo on alioth will take care of the
  rest (i.e. export to htdocs and call pod2html)

> 6. Go to the build area and do a basic sanity check on the package:
>
>        lintian -iI *.changes
>        lsdiff -z *.diff.gz
>        dpkg -c *.deb
>        dpkg -I *.deb

Small addition: the last two commands can be combined by using
debc *.changes

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Dido: See The Sun