Re: DM and pkg-perl (alternative proposal)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:46:27 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 12:11:04PM +0000, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> >  * add a note to the changelog (in such a manner that it can't be missed
> >    by the sponsor) warning of the changes.
> > Next, the sponsoring DD decides and either
> >  a) removes the note, cleans Uploaders and uploads the package
> I'm also unsure if it's really necessary to remove the note.
> Isn't just a regular entry in the changelog enough? The sponsor
> is supposed to check the package thoroughly in any case.

I think a regular changelog entry is appropriate but a LARGE changelog
NOTE is helpful for everyone (as it's used now for other comments
directed to others).

> Is there any sense in the 'official' pkg-perl DM list I suggested?
> Would it help the sponsoring DDs to decide which Uploader additions they
> approve, without having to consider it (and list grounds for rejections)
> on a case-by-case basis?

That's a question for DDs, my pragmatical point of view is that it's
not really necessary for the probably very small group of DMs in the
pkg-perl group.

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-