Re: ITP: libgtk2-ex-printdialog-perl - a pure-perl alternative to the Gnome2::Print libraries

On 20/11/2007, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> * You want to close the ITP bug in the changelog.

I didn't open one, just posted the ITP.

> * You want to use debhelper compat level 5

Done.

> * Perhaps you can use author-independent URLs in debian/watch and
>   debian/copyright like http://search.cpan.org/dist/Gtk2-Ex-PrintDialog/
>   See for example libjavascript-perl. Also, I'd escape the dots in
>   ".tar.gz"

Done.

> * debian/copyright
>   + the years of copyright look strange to me. README says 2003,
>     PrintDialog.pm says 2005. d/copyright says 2004-2005. If different
>     files use different years of copyright, you should list these
>     details in debian/copyright.
>   + The upstream URL could be the author-independent one from
>     debian/watch
>   + It would be nice if you add copyright and licensing information for
>     the packaging. See dh-make-perl templates.

Done.

> * debian/rules -- you really need to use some recent dh-make-perl
>   template for this :)
>   + patch target is unused. Also please, please give quilt a try :)
>     There is a short guide[1] in group's pages.
>   + OPTIMIZE="..." setting is useless

The current rules.Makemaker.noxs also has this line. Can this ever be
useful? I'm also not sure why the dh_strip would ever be useful.

>   + Please move the test suite from install-stamp target to build-stamp
>   + Please clean stamp files before invoking distclean
>   + Please remove unused dh_* calls
>   + README seems useless

Done

> * debian/control:
>   + debhelper build-dependency should be bumped
>   + dpatch is not needed
>   + the package fails to build in pbuilder chroot, which means there are
>     missing build-time dependencies.
>   + Binary package dependency field should use ${perl:Depends} instead
>     of hard-coding the perl dependency

Done

I've committed the changes to svn

Thanks for the feedback