Re: [rt.cpan.org #29451] Missing copyright information

-=| Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni via RT, Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 03:08:18AM -0400 |=-
> > Not being the original author, I'll send a mail to the Perl 5
> > Porters with Cc: to the Perl Foundation, as they are the best
> > people to answer such a question.
> >
> > I'll keep you informed as soon as I have an answer by completing
> > this ticket.
>
> I received an answer. The Copyright for Sys::Syslog is
>
>      Copyright (C) 1990-2007 by Larry Wall and others.

Great! Thank you very much tor taking the issue seriously.

> I'll probably make a release soon in order to address CPAN-RT#29875.

It would be nice if you can update the (c) statements as well.

Re: RT#29875: we had a bugreport about this in Debian[1], and we used
the $^O approach. Now I see how this was wrong in both not reporting it
to you and implementing that quick-and-dirty "fix".

I posted there another idea for avoiding fiddling with caller's $@.